● Reverse osmosis membrane filtration process. Osmosed water production
Study the reverse osmosis process for water and various NaCl solutions
Determine the osmotic pressure of water
Van ’t Hoff equation
Determine how the overall retention of the module varies with the filtration pressure and initial
Concentration of the salt solution
Variation in the conversion rate of the membrane
Qualitative and quantitative comparison with experimental data
Influence of pressure on osmosed water production rate
● 200L graduated tank.
● SS multi stage centrifugal pump.
● Reverse osmosis module: casing, polymer filament membrane.
● Permeate circuit: sampling valve, flow rate measurement and 100L polyethylene storage tank, graduated.
● Retentate circuit: sampling valve, pressure re‐ taining valve, 100L graduated storage tank.
● 3 manometers.
● 3 PVC flowmeters
● 2 combined probes (conductivity and tempera‐ ture) with portable electronic indication.